Oh-So-Simple Sesame Ginger Soba Noodles
Canoodle the Noodle
Busy weeknights can make planning a dinner the whole family will enjoy a struggle—until now! Our simple sesame ginger soba noodles are the perfect one-pot meal for families on the move. They’re ready in just 10 minutes and can be made hot or cold for a dish that’s a winner all year long!
The secret is in the Asian-inspired sauce that comes together quickly and tastes amazing over protein-packed soba noodles, a great alternative to your favorite pasta. (Hint: Authentic soba noodles are made from 100 percent buckwheat flour, so avoid brands that add another type of flour, including white and wheat).
Soba noodles are also a good source of fiber, thiamine (also known as vitamin B1) and manganese. Topped with your favorite veggies, this is a nutritious meal you’ll want to add to your weekly lineup!
Don’t forget to share a pic with #TakingOnHealthy.
- 8 ounce package soba noodles
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (plus more for topping)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, diced and separated
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Your favorite vegetables (we used peppers, sugar snap peas and broccoli)
- Prepare sauce by combining soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, agave, toasted sesame seeds, garlic, ground ginger and half of the green onions in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions.
- Turn off heat and drain noodles. If making this as a hot dish, place empty pot back on the stovetop and combine sauce and noodles together. Stir until combined.
- If making this as a cold dish, drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water. Place in a large bowl and add the sauce. Stir until combined.
- Serve noodles with green onion, additional sesame seeds and red chili flakes.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 cup
Makes: 4 servings