Baked Fall Apples
As the chill of fall takes over, there’s nothing better than warming up with a classic dessert fresh from the oven. Our Fall Baked Apples mix one of autumn’s favorite fruits with cinnamon, walnuts, raisins, and more for an irresistible treat that’s ready in under an hour. We also top them with a dollop of Greek yogurt in place of traditional ice cream for an extra dose of protein and calcium.
“Pumpkin spice isn’t the only tasty fall flavor to reach for! Apples are high in fiber and vitamin C and the combination of spicy cinnamon, crunchy walnuts, and sweet apples is perfect for crisp autumn weather.”Carolyn Schut, HPN Registered Dietitian
- 6 Granny Smith or Gala apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the cores from the apples, and sprinkle each hollow apple with cinnamon.
- Mix raisins, walnuts, and honey or maple syrup together, and fill each apple with mixture.
- Place apples in baking dish with a thin layer of water on the bottom to prevent sticking or burning.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until apples are soft.
- Serve with vanilla Greek yogurt if desired
Nutrition information per serving
Serving Size: 1 apple