Healthy Noodle Soup in an “Instant”
Stop Noodling Around
Store-bought ramen noodles may be quick and easy, but they can also be high in sodium, MSG, preservatives and other ingredients that just aren’t good for you. So, what do you do when you’re craving that noodley goodness? Our recipe for healthy noodle soup will satisfy it in an instant. And it’s so easy, we dare say you’ll never go back to store-bought noodles again.
“Soup is a great, comforting, filling meal! You can personalize this recipe with your favorite vegetables and load up on nutrients too.”Carolyn Schut, MS, RD, LD, CLC
HPN Registered Dietitian
- 1 packet rice or soba noodles (rice vermicelli is a great choice)
- 2 tablespoons or equivalent low-sodium vegetable or chicken concentrate (bullion, powder or liquid) or 1 tablespoon chickpea miso
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh diced parsley
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 1 celery stalk, chopped small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Place uncooked noodles in pot and cover with water just above the noodles.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; then simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve!
*It will be extremely hot; let cool for 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Information per serving: