Black Bean & Rice Enchiladas: Fast, Easy and Delicious
Dinner In Under An Hour
Need an idea for a tasty dinner the whole family will love? This recipe checks all the boxes for a busy family: fast, easy and tasty. Our black bean and rice enchiladas are just bursting with flavor. A little spicy, a little smoky and a lot delicious, this dish can be easily modified to suit the carnivores and plant lovers in your life too!
Give this a try tonight! Don’t forget to share a pic with #TakingOnHealthy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 3 chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup Picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas (6in), warmed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped pepper, onion and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, chilis, Picante sauce, chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes. Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer and add rice. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup of mixture into each tortilla. Fold over and roll. Place seam-side down in a 13 x 9 cooking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Finish all 8 tortillas and spoon any remaining rice mixture around the sides of the dish. Top tortillas with salsa. Bake covered for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue to bake 3-5 more minutes until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 enchilada