No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Bites
Raise the Snack Bar
When hunger strikes on the go, it’s easy to unwrap a protein bar and get on with your day. But we have an even better way to get a burst of energy that’s quick and delicious. Our recipe for no-bake oatmeal energy bites takes just minutes to make and offers a satisfyingly sweet way to get protein, omega-3 fats, fiber and antioxidants, all rolled into one. Bonus: Kids love them too!
Try these today, and share a pic with #TakingOnHealthy.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (we used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Ours were about 1 inch in diameter.) Store in an airtight container, and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 ball
Makes: 25 balls